November 6, 2009

yarrow and note roper


my lovely roommate, mo, and her dad are geniuses with music and lovers of God. because of these simple facts, their worship song "You comfort me" has been selected for publication in Worship Leader Magazine and will come out on a cd called Song Discovery Vol. 81, which is pretty keen if you ask me. they share the cd with the likes of matt redman, evan wickham, etc.

mo and her dad (along with her sister and fellow artistic genius, colleen, who designed the cover for the ep) decided to use my yarrow painting as the main theme for the cover of the ep and the website, which is also pretty keen in my opinion :)

you can (and get ready here, because this is pretty schnazzy), not only go to mo and her dad's website and see the painting in action, but you can also buy the songs her and her dad wrote and recorded off itunes.

the website (because i'm not cool like robin and dont know how to imbed things slyly) is:
http://www.noteroper.com/

and on itunes type in "bare roots worship" and you'll find the ep they recorded in nashville.

i like the fact that God is so creative, that innocuous and random objects of life- a musical tone, a song, a yarrow painting- has the lofty hope of somehow spreading His love.

1 comment:

Mayome said...

Congrats cas! I went right away to Itunes to see your lovely Yarrow plant displayed for ALL to see! how fun is that.. a true claim to fame. right now I'm laboring away on a truely fat assignment. I'm probably 20 pages behind all my studious peers, but I guess that's a motivator for me. Your post was a much-needed outlet for my burdened brain. thanks for coming through-I look forward to your every post (not in a stalkery way)
love,
na