December 23, 2011

this year



i know it's not even christmas yet, but while i was cutting up chip board for a bookcover, i realized just how many lovely things have happened this year-


this year i have...

moved two states away
gave up wheat AND dairy due to bodily protest (yes, it can be done :)
lost like 5 pounds because of it
got to know God more
got to know ian and his fam more
had a car stolen
went from renting to thinking about buying (so stoked!!!)
went from baker to full time artist
experienced a miraculous healed relationship with my dad and his wife
slept on a boat for the first time
started my own business (however small ;)
got a hand-me-down drooly, lovey cat
got real health insurance thanks to ian
saw a fledgling bald eagle take its first flight
lost my only two wisdom teeth

overcame my fear of...

cloudy and rainy weather
precision in art (like using razor blades and rulers... refer to first sentence of post)
cities
piano (kinda)
forgiveness
people (ok.  not fully.  i'm getting better though... not all the way there yet...)
failing in art
music
giving up dairy and wheat


what a wonderful, morphing life my wonderful God gives!

leave a comment!  what has happened in this last year that you are super stoked or blessed by!  list as many as you can! :)

4 comments:

Faith said...

I'm super stoked.....this year, I met this amazing girl that I truly feel God put in my life for a purpose. She is amazing and so much like me. I played guitar, love to sing and even did sing for years in a choir; played violin; piana and music was my joy. I love art, but am not an artist...however, I love studying the masters and enjoy fine art......

There is this wonderful girl who just have such a joie de vivre.....oh, I love her....and am glad she is in my life.....what an awesome God we serve!!!!!

the person who cannot spell.....sheesh.... said...

*who just has such a joie de vivre*........LOL!

Sarah said...

Cas, this is such an amazing summary for the last year. It's been forever since I've seen you, but it's so great to read little snippets of what's going on in your life from afar. Well, I guess we're not that far apart anymore. ;)

Anonymous said...

God's grace in the big things and little things, a beautiful peaceful place to live, getting to be there to watch and participate and my kids grow and develop, the opportunity to grow where I am weak. The chance we had to live with little so every new day was a surprise, so we had a choice whether to rely on God and be at peace, or to fear each moment and despair. The fact that there is a great God to rely on. New friends, old friends, rest and a comfy warm bed and heating blanket at the end of the day. The process of life. More time to read, and write, and do artsy craftsy sorts of things. Music. Hmmm, maybe everything. Except early mornings and toddler defiance :D