December 20, 2012

The Empress

Check.  This.  Out:



THIS, my dear friends, is a homemade printing press.  YEP!  Homemade.  And epic.  Made by none other than my sweet redhead himself, I hereby present to you (as I have christened her), The Empress.





They technically call it a Bottle Jack Press (instructions found here) due to using that hefty 6 ton hydraulic bottle jack to apply a CRAPLOAD of pressure to whatever is lucky enough to get sandwiched between those 2 lovely pieces of birch plywood.



Yep, that's a whole lotta sexy right there.  And I don't mean the press ;).  A real man spends a whole day of his weekend building a printing press for his wife in the middle of winter in a 55 degree basement :D



Everyone, The Empress.

The Empress, everyone.

I know we're gonna love having her around :)


1 comment:

John and Janelle said...

I LOVE it! You are too cute :) I love that he made you that, and I love how you love him :)